Friday, July 1, 2011

Not About Jock Itch, Heehee-- Gold Bond Sheer Ribbons Body Lotion

I have to admit that for probably 12 years, I've gone for the fragrance (like BBW and VS) over the moisturizing ability of lotions or body creams. If I ever wanted extra sheen or something, I might layer baby oil or a gel cocoa butter. However, my mom introduced me to Vaseline Intensive Moisture lotion (love) a few months ago and I've realized that I need to go for moisturization over scent.

I feel like Gold Bond has the grossest association of all lotion brands I can list. Walgreens had a tester for this new lotion in a fun dispenser that looked appealing and girly until I noticed the brand. I tried it anyhow and was really impressed with how nice and silky my arm felt. There are 2 kinds, one with shimmer and the one I purchased without. At $9.99 for 7.1 ounces, it's not exactly cheap, but drugstores tend to have sales. It has a soft, sweet floral scent that isn't too synthetic smelling (hate that fake, stale scent of some lotions). There are some really nice natural ingredients on the list like: aloe, shea butter extract, lavender extract, rosemary leaf extract, and others.

I quite like this! It dispenses in a really thick cream-- you can turn your hand upside down and it doesn't drip, kinda like a blizzard from Dairy Queen, haha. It's easy to spread and soaks in very quickly. My skin really does feel like silk (one of the claims).

Fun canister dispenser

Yep, actually dispenses in a ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment