Friday, July 15, 2011

Another Looky-Loo! Nuance by Salma Hayek at CVS

I've been pretty much on a no-buy for the last several weeks (with the exception of some lotion), and I've resisted temptation by just not going to Ulta/CVS/Walgreens/Sephora. Well I had to switch brands of contacts a couple of days ago and ended up with $8 and some change as the refund. I gave myself permission to use that on makeup. I decided that I would look out for WnW Dream Weavers, which I found at Winn-Dixie. I spent $4 on two trios. I also wanted to keep an eye out for Salma Hayek's new line for CVS. Celebrity lines are generally not at all what I go for, but I thought a lot of the products seemed to look really pretty and neutral (no glitter chunks) and grown-upish in the pics I'd seen online. I went into a couple of CVS's this week with no luck, but the CVS I checked today had a display! They obviously weren't done stocking yet, but I did pick up one Ultra Shine Lip Gloss. With my $2 Extra Bucks, it ended up being $5.

The shade I selected was 115 Nectar, which looks like a pinkish-peach in the tube. I didn't notice any shimmers or glitters through the tube, but when I swatched it later at home, I did see some very fine micro-specks. The products are all paraben-free with no animal testing. The gloss also contains some natural ingredients like: Mimosa Extract, Mango Seed Oil, and Vitamins A C & E.


My thoughts for this shade: I like the consistency. It's sticky, yet not thick, so it applies easily with the slanted applicator. I hoped it would be opaque, but it's actually pretty sheer. It feels good on my lips and seems to be fairly long-lasting for a gloss. There is a very noticeable scent/flavor that I would describe as a Sweet-tart scent. I'm not terribly sensitive to that, but I know some people are. I probably would've preferred a less synthetic and less youthful scent, but oh well. Overall, I like the product and would be interested in buying other shades, although I'd probably wait for a sale or more Extra Bucks. This will be a good gloss to keep in your purse because you don't need a mirror or the assistance of possibly dirty fingers to apply it evenly.




Globbed on swatch. Enlarge to see micro shimmers.
Very sheer when spread out

2 comments:

  1. So glad you did a review on this! I'm a gloss whore, so I'm definitely interested in these. I just hope the two pink shades aren't as sheer as this one. =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad I was able to find the line so quickly and get a review up. Yeah, I'm also disappointed that the color was sheer. If it were true to the tube color, that would've been gorgeous! We shall see about other products in the line...

    <3 One gloss whore to another, heehee.

    ReplyDelete