Tuesday, June 21, 2011

L'Oreal Colour Riche Le Gloss Thoughts

I spotted this display at Walgreens (not having seen any ads or heard any hype yet) and bought one tube in shade 151 Baby Blossom for $7.99. For the most part, I wear nude/ pinky-peach shades so truthfully, none of the other colors were all that tempting. It seemed like a lot of the shades had frost or shimmer which I'm not into either. Here's J Lo's ad for the product. It might just be me, but I'm not a fan of her lips or her makeup in the first one!



And here's the tube I bought with swatches outside:

Globbed on, haha

Blended out
My thoughts:
I'm not really sure if it's the shade or formula, but it doesn't blend easily until it starts to melt with my body heat. Also (again not sure if it's the shade or formula), it clumps on my lips and accentuates any flakes or lines. I feel like it holds up okay for a gloss and is somewhat sticky, which I like. I also like that the shade has some actual pigment and doesn't end up going on like a clear gloss. My last like is that Baby Blossom doesn't have any shimmer, frost, or glitter. For $7.99, I wouldn't buy it again or try any other shades unless there was a BOGO or something. My fave drugstore glosses lately are Revlon Super Lustrous and L'Oreal Color Juice so I'm sticking with those for now!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it was a bad batch? I have the same shade, but didn't have any problems with it. Sucks that they're so sheer, though. They go on pigmented at first, until it "melts" into your lips and you can't even build the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it was a bad batch! I have a sneaking suspicion that L'Oreal is dc'ing Colour Juice glosses in favor of Le Gloss, though. Sadness.

    ReplyDelete